- Maharashtra Village Social Transformation Foundation (MVSTF), Maharashtra State Rural Livelihoods Mission (MSRLM), and Maharashtra Agricultural Competitiveness Project (MACP) intend to collaboratively formulate and implement a state of Maharashtra Agribusiness and Rural Transformation -“SMART” Livelihood Project for Rural Maharashtra.
The project aims to transform Rural Maharashtra through “SMART” interventions in Agriculture and Livelihood sectors, assisted by World Bank. Over the years, Government of Maharashtra has been consistently putting efforts and resources through various central and state government schemes, programs and projects for development and transformation of agriculture and rural sectors and actively seeking private sector participation in these initiatives.
- The goal of the project is to enhance the enterprise formation, increasing access to markets; and promoting climate resilience and resource-use efficiency.
- Support value addition in the post-harvest segments of agriculture value-chains;
- Facilitate agribusiness investments through inclusive business models that provide opportunities to small farmers;
- Stimulate the establishment of small and medium enterprises; and
- Support resilience of agriculture production systems to better manage increasing production and commercial risks associated with climate change.
Systemic and Transformational Impact
- Building institutional capacity to leverage private sector financing and technical expertise in project focus areas.
- Developing private sector stakeholder consortiums to coordinate actions and scale up private investments into agribusiness and allied sectors.
- Convergence of relevant government schemes in enterprise promotion, water management, skills training and agri-support toward outcome-based approach.
- Enhance capacity of the implementing entities, producer collectives, enterprises and other value chain participants for coordinated action.
- Improve market reforms enabling competitiveness and Increased farmers
- Collaborate public and private sectors leading to income enhancement
- Empower women enterprises towards economic and livelihood development.